The Trust restores and preserves many old shunters, these being their main stock list:
287 Vigilant - Hunslet 0-4-0 saddle tank Steam Engine - built in 1882, the Vigilant was used by Corby Iron Ore until it fell into disuse. It is the star of the museum's fleet.
2087 No. 16 - Hunslet 0-4-0 Diesel Mechanical - dating from 1940, the black painted No. 16 was purchased from the Ministry of Supply in 1966 for Anglia Building Products Ltd, to shunt the concrete works sidings. It was delivered to Hunsbury for preservation in 1974.
9365 Belvedere - Sentinel 100 BHP vertical boiler Steam Locomotive - delivered to Thos E Gray & Co Ltd in 1958, the green painted Belvedere was used to shunt wagons at Mertsham Lime Quarry. The locomotive moved to Hunsbury for preservation in 1975.
9369 Musketeer - Sentinel 100 BHP vertical boiler Steam Locomotive - built in 1946 and again delivered to Thos E Gray & Co Ltd in 1958, the blue painted Musketeer was also used to shunt wagons at the lime quarry. It was named after the HMS Musketeer that Mr John Gray served aboard during the Second World War. The locomotive was delivered to Hunsbury with its companion the Belvedere in 1975.
4220001 Charles Wake - John Fowler Diesel Mechanical - delivered new in 1959 to Fisons at Stanford-Le-Hope in Essex, the green and red painted Charles Wake was put to work at Avonmouth Docks near Bristol. The shunter was declared surplus to requirements, and was stored in a siding until it was delivered to Hunsbury in 1998 for restoration. It is named in honour of former NIRT President and driver Charles Wake, who passed away in 2005. Another John Fowler, 4220033 light-blue painted Lois, can be seen on site.
D697 Hudswell - Hudswell Clarke flame-proofed 0-4-0 Diesel Engine - built in 1950, the green Hudswell was delivered new to the Anglo-Iranian Oil Company in Grangemouth, Scotland. Sometime later Young's Paraffin & Mineral Oil Company (a subsidiary of BP) took over the ownership, where it remained throughout its career. The locomotive was found in a scrap yard in Ipswich by members of the Trust, and was soon transported to Hunsbury for restoration.
3967 Hylton - FC Hibberd 'Planet' Diesel Hydraulic - built in 1961, this green Planet was operated by Wiggins Teape Ltd of Sunderland paper mills. It was later transfered to the paper works at Cardiff in 1973, but when the rail traffic ceased, it was purchased by Track Supplies of Wolverton. The Hylton was delivered to Hunsbury in the early 1980s for preservation.